52 High Street Renovation
Opening Doors, Transforming Lives
Building for the Future of Abby’s House
For 90 years, 52 High Street has remained largely unaltered. With homelessness on the rise and the need for safe, affordable housing greater than ever, this project will ensure that marginalized and physically-challenged women will be able to access safe and supportive housing for years to come.
The renovation will:
- Expand residential capacity, as well as program opportunities through enhanced Women’s Center and programming spaces
- Update all major systems
- Life safety
- Increase accessibility
- Reconfigure and enhance the front entrance (see above) to provide full handicapped access to the building
- Install an elevator to allow for easy accessibility to all areas of the building
- Add accessible resident kitchens, dining areas, and efficient laundry units on each floor
- Convert one bedroom on each floor for complete handicapped accessibility
- Capacity building for organizational sustainability
- New technology
- Expanded programs
To fund the project, we needed to raise $2 million through our Capital Campaign. As of June 30, 2018, we are thrilled to announce that Abby’s House exceeded its goal of raising $2 Million for the Opening Doors, Transforming Lives Capital Campaign! This would not have been possible without the overwhelming generosity from our donors!
For more information about the renovation project, please contact our Executive Director, Stephanie Page, at 508-756-5486 x218 or gro.e1558340600suohs1558340600ybba@1558340600einah1558340600pets1558340600.