Our hours of operation have been adjusted to:
Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturday’s: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
To help ensure the safety of everyone, customers must wear masks and adhere to social distancing while shopping in the Thrift Shop. We appreciate you looking out for one another!
To keep staff, volunteers and customers safe we have new, temporary guidelines for accepting donations to our Thrift Shop:
1. A maximum of 5 bags/boxes of seasonal items per person will be accepted at a time and each bag/box can’t weigh more than 25lbs.
2. Donations should be brought to the back entrance of the Thrift Shop, located at 52 High Street at the rear of the building by the dumpsters. Press the button by door and someone will be glad to assist you.
3. Donations can be made during regular shop hours ONLY(listed above).
These guidelines will be in effect until further notice. We are in the midst of reviewing updated guidelines from the state and Governor Baker and will post any updates made here. We appreciate your understanding and assistance in keeping our community safe.
The Abby’s House Thrift Shop serves as a source of income to support the mission of Abby’s House. Full of quality clothing, accessories, home goods, and bargain-priced cosmetics, we encourage you to visit the store, not only to donate items, but to also add some great pieces to your wardrobe!
The Abby’s House Thrift Shop aims to:
1. Provide a clean, welcoming store that is stocked with quality, affordable clothing, necessities and household goods for the community and to women who qualify for assistance through our voucher program. To learn more about obtaining a Thrift Shop voucher, please visit our advocacy page.
2. Continue to raise funds for our mission of providing safe shelter, affordable housing and advocacy services homeless, battered, and low-income women, with or without children, through the sale of items in our Thrift Store.
3. Always treat our customers with dignity and respect and assist them in every way we can.
The Thrift Shop is closed on all federal holidays and follows the Worcester Public Schools inclement weather policy. You can reach the Thrift Shop at (508) 756-5486 x212. Make sure to like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the Abby’s House Thrift Shop including our weekly promotions and any changes to our operating hours.
We are happy to accept:
- Women’s clothing including bras
- Women’s accessories including jewelry, handbags, scarves, hats & gloves
- Women’s shoes & boots in good, wearable condition
- New, unopened health & beauty products (Not expired)
- Small household items including kitchenware, lamps, tableware, linens & decorative items
- Electrical appliances & microwaves that are in good, working condition
- Stereo equipment & speakers
- New, unopened children’s clothing & toys with tags still on them*
We are unable to accept:
- Yard sale leftover items
- Large furniture
- High chairs, booster seats, strollers & carriages
- Men’s clothing
- Women’s underwear and bathing suit bottoms
- Books & magazines
- Computers, printers, or keyboards
- Old cell phones
- Used pillows, decorative or bed
- Used electric blankets
- Dolls/stuffed animals/toys*
- Children’s clothing*
*Please note that due to The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, we can only accept these items if they are new, in packages or tagged.
52 High Street
Worcester, MA 01609
Phone: 508-756-5486 x212
Parking is available at the Federal Plaza Garage or on High Street.