The Abby’s House Thrift Shop serves as a source of income to support the mission of Abby’s House. Full of quality clothing, accessories, home goods, and bargain-priced cosmetics, we encourage you to visit the store, not only to donate items, but to also add some great pieces to your wardrobe!
The Abby’s House Thrift Shop aims to:
1. Provide a clean, welcoming store that is stocked with quality, affordable clothing, necessities and household goods for the community and to women who qualify for assistance through our voucher program. To learn more about obtaining a Thrift Shop voucher, please visit our advocacy page.
2. Continue to raise funds for our mission of providing safe shelter, affordable housing and advocacy services homeless, battered, and low-income women, with or without children, through the sale of items in our Thrift Store.
3. Always treat our customers with dignity and respect and assist them in every way we can.
Thrift Shop Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The Thrift Shop is closed on all federal holidays and follows the Worcester Public Schools inclement weather policy. You can reach the Thrift Shop at (508) 756-5486 x212. Make sure to like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the Abby’s House Thrift Shop including our weekly promotions and any changes to our operating hours.
To help ensure the safety of everyone, we are recommending customers, volunteers, and staff continue to wear masks and adhere to social distancing while shopping and volunteering in the Thrift Shop.
Updated Donation Guidelines
Donations can be made directly to the Abby’s House Thrift Shop, located at 52 High Street at the rear of the building, during regular shop hours. To support our volunteers and staff in sorting, pricing, and organizing your donations, we have revised our donation acceptance guidelines as of 9/1/22. We greatly appreciate your support in providing a dignified shopping experience for residents, guests, and patrons of the Abby’s House Thrift Shop.
1. Limit each donation drop-off to 5 bags/boxes (no more than 25 lbs each)
2. All items should be new or gently used, clean and in bags/boxes
3. Now through 3/1/23, the Thrift Shop is accepting in-season (fall/winter) clothing and household goods
– Items like accessories, linens and household goods that are not season-specific are accepted at all times (see further guidelines below)
4. Donations are gratefully accepted during regular Thrift Shop hours (see shop hours of operations above)
Currently accepting fall/winter season items, such as winter coats, scarves, winter hats/gloves, sweaters, long sleeve tops, full length pants, fall/winter holiday decor and household goods, etc.
Where do I drop off my donation?
Donations should be brought to the back entrance of the Thrift Shop, located at 52 High Street at the rear of the building by the dumpsters. Press the button by door and someone will be glad to assist you.
For any donation questions, contact the Thrift Shop at 508-756-5486 x212 during business hours.
Donation Acceptance Guidelines
We are happy to accept:
- In-season women’s clothing (currently accepting fall/winter items)
- Bras & new/unopened underwear
- Maternity wear
- Women’s accessories including jewelry, handbags, scarves, hats & gloves
- Women’s shoes & boots in good, wearable condition
- New, unopened health & beauty products (Not expired)
- Small household items including kitchenware, lamps, tableware, linens & decorative items
- Electrical appliances & microwaves that are in good, working condition
- Stereo equipment & speakers
- New, unopened children’s clothing & toys with tags still on them*
We are unable to accept:
- Yard sale leftover items
- Large furniture
- High chairs, booster seats, strollers & carriages
- Men’s clothing
- Used women’s underwear and bathing suit bottoms
- Books & magazines
- Computers, printers, or keyboards
- Old cell phones
- Used pillows, decorative or bed
- Used electric blankets
- Dolls/stuffed animals/toys*
- Children’s clothing*
*Please note that due to The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, we can only accept these items if they are new, in packages or tagged.
52 High Street
Worcester, MA 01609
Phone: 508-756-5486 x212
Parking when coming to visit and shop is available at the Federal Plaza Garage or on High Street. Limited spaces available in the Abby’s House parking lot (space must be marked “Abby’s House.”)
If making a donation, please drive around to the back entrance of the Thrift Shop, located at 52 High Street at the rear of the building by the dumpsters. Press the button by door and someone will be glad to assist you.
Volunteer at the Thrift Shop
The Thrift Shop is looking for volunteers who can help us meet the needs of the shop and our patrons! Please visit the Volunteer Page to learn more and fill out a volunteer application.