For this year’s Abby’s House 5K Run/Walk there is an exciting and unique opportunity to raise funds for the women and children who call Abby’s House home. A very generous donor has offered to match any donations made to a participant’s personal fundraising page now through October 19th, up to $10,000! This means that the donations you receive from your fundraising efforts will have DOUBLE the impact in the lives of women and children who are at risk of homelessness in your community. To create your personal fundraising page through Racewire, click here and follow their step-by-step instructions. Once it’s set up, you can begin raising money for the women and children of Abby’s House. If you don’t want to make a fundraising page you can also make a personal donation by following the instructions below.
Tips for getting your fundraising started:
1. Lead by example. Make a self-donation to show your commitment to the mission of Abby’s House.
2. Tell your story! Update your personal fundraising page and tell the world why you are participating in the Abby’s House 5K Run/Walk.
3. Send emails to your friends, family, and co-workers to ask for support. You can also host events at work like a jeans day to raise funds and awareness.
4. Get social by sharing your personal fundraising link on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You can tag us in your posts and use #AbbysHouse5K & #HealRebuildEmpower
Stuck on what to say? You can use these messages to get you started:
1. I’m excited to share that I’m raising money to support the women and children of Abby’s House. Abby’s House is an organization in Worcester, MA that provides shelter, housing, and advocacy programs to women, with and without children, who are homeless, battered, or low-income. Help me reach my goal of $XXX by October 19th. All donations made will be matched by an anonymous donor, up to $10,000! Thank you for your support!
2. My fundraising efforts for this year’s Abby’s House 5K are being DOUBLED! Now through October 19th, anyone who makes a donation to my fundraising page will have their gift matched by an anonymous donor, up to $10,000! This means that all of our efforts will have double the impact on the lives of the women and children served by Abby’s House.
3. Help me take a stand against homelessness by making a gift to my fundraising page for the Abby’s House 5K Run/Walk. All proceeds raised help support the Abby’s House shelter, housing, and advocacy programs for women and children in Worcester, MA.
4. I’m asking YOU to help women and children facing homelessness by making a gift to my fundraising page for the Abby’s House 5K Run/Walk by Saturday, October 19th. All proceeds raised directly supports the shelter, housing, and advocacy programs for women and children experiencing homelessness. Together, we can help those facing homelessness reclaim and rebuild their lives.
If you want to make a gift without creating your own page, click here and select “Abby’s House 5K Donations”. All gifts directly benefit the shelter, housing, and advocacy programs that are available to women and children at risk of being homeless in our community.