Together, we can help end homelessness in our community. When you participate in this year’s Virtual Abby’s House 5K, your fundraising dollars will help fuel our mission-related initiatives of providing shelter, housing, and advocacy services to homeless, battered, and low-income women, with or without children. To create your personal fundraising page through Racewire, click here and follow the step-by-step instructions. Once your page is set up you can begin raising money for the women and children of Abby’s House. If you’d rather collect donations in-person, you can use our pledge form to help track your fundraising efforts. If you don’t want to make a fundraising page but would like to make a donation, click here.
Tips for getting your fundraising started:
1. Lead by example. Make a self-donation to show your commitment to the mission of Abby’s House.
2. Tell your story! Update your personal fundraising page and tell the world why you are participating in the Abby’s House 5K Run/Walk.
3. Send emails to your friends, family, and co-workers to ask for support. You can also host events at work like a jeans day to raise funds and awareness. For sample language, check out our peer-to-peer toolkit here.
4. Get social by sharing your personal fundraising link on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You can tag us in your posts and use #AbbysHouse5K & #FiveToHelpHerThrive
Stuck on what to say? You can use these messages to get you started:
1. I’m excited to share that I’m raising money to support the women and children of Abby’s House. Abby’s House is an organization in Worcester, MA that provides shelter, housing, and advocacy programs to women, with or without children, who are homeless, battered, or low-income. Help me reach my goal of $XXX by October 17th. Thank you for your support!
2. Help me take a stand against homelessness by making a gift to my fundraising page for this year’s Virtual Abby’s House 5K Run/Walk. All proceeds raised help support the Abby’s House shelter, housing, and advocacy programs for women and children in Worcester, MA.
3. I’m asking YOU to help women and children facing homelessness by making a gift to my fundraising page for the Virtual Abby’s House 5K Run/Walk by Saturday, October 17th. All proceeds raised directly supports the shelter, housing, and advocacy programs for women and children experiencing homelessness. Together, we can help those facing homelessness reclaim and rebuild their lives.