- This event has passed.
Giving Tuesday 2021
November 30, 2021 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Thank you to to the 104 donors who raised nearly $19,000 for the women and children who rely on the Abby’s House Food & Nutrition Program! To everyone who donated to fund this critical program, thank you for inspiring and empowering the women and children of Abby’s House as they access the nutritious meals needed for their health, healing, and hope.
Your Gifts are Feeding Hope This Giving Tuesday
Join us on Tuesday, November 30th by making a meaningful gift to help raise $15,000 to support the women and children who rely on the Abby’s House Food & Nutrition Program.
Last year, 95% of the women and children living at Abby’s House were very or extremely low income, with nearly half self-identifying as having a mental health issue, or being in poor, physical health. The nutritious meals and critical food items provided by the Food & Nutrition Program at Abby’s House are an integral part of the women’s journeys towards a healthier, more prosperous life, and feeds more than just a meal. Your gifts #FeedHope.
Your generosity plays a pivotal role in improving the health and wellness of the women and children. Shelter guests and residents typically experience a period of significant disruption in their lives prior to arriving at Abby’s House and are healing from histories of trauma, mental illness, substance use, and poor physical health. During this period, they may have not been able to feed themselves adequately or access healthy food. The impact of COVID-19 has only worsened the issue of food insecurity with many women due to loss of jobs or decreased hours. Given the significant connection between an individual’s nutrition and her health status and outcomes, providing fresh, nutritious meals, access to an onsite Food Pantry and 1:1 advocacy support are made possible through your support.
“I haven’t had a meal like this for several years. Being homeless for a few years, I wasn’t able to see my family or enjoy food like this. It’s so heartwarming. It’s the first time in years I’ve been able to eat a Thanksgiving meal and sit with friends to enjoy it.” – Abby’s House Resident
Your Gift Will:
- $56 – Provide one month (8 hot meals served monthly) of meals and nutrition for one woman or child, served safely in the Annette Rafferty Women’s Empowerment Center, for residents and Shelter guests to access the nutrition and personal connections they crave
- $168 – Provide 3 months of hot meals for one woman or child, allowing her to stretch her grocery budget
- $336 – Provide 6 months of hot, nutritious meals to a woman or child, giving her access to new cultural cuisines and 1:1 advocacy support to address food insecurity and nutritional needs
- $672 – Provide 12 months of hot meals to a woman or child, offering her support through the company of others who may have experienced similar past trauma and homelessness
- $1008 – Provide 18 months of hot, nutritious meals to a woman or child, helping to minimize the impacts of food insecurity so she can focus on her personal healing and recovery
When you give to the Food & Nutrition Program, you’ll be meeting critical needs both today and tomorrow, helping more than 60 women and children each month, access healthy, nutritious meals. Help us reach our goal of raising $15,000 to #FeedHope on Tuesday, November 30th!
Make Your Impact Felt This #GivingTuesday
- Make your gift by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, November 30th! Then double your impact by checking with your employer about company match!
- To help us reach our goal by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, 11/30, please consider sharing the opportunity with friends and family to make a gift to support the women and children of Abby’s House this Giving Tuesday.
View sample email and social templates in our Peer-to-Peer Giving Toolkit to make sharing this opportunity easy. And don’t forget to visit our social pages on Giving Tuesday to see your generosity in action!
All gifts will directly support the women and children at Abby’s House. Thank you for feeding hope and providing a safe, compassionate place to call home.
Every act of generosity counts and everyone has something to give.
- November 30, 2021
12:00 am - 11:59 pm
- Event Category: